- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
LMS Reminders - Start of Semester
Start of Semester Reminders for Instructors
Moving from Sakai to Google or Google to Sakai? Not sure what you'd like to do?
Check out Drop-in sessions or call x4848
Is your course content visible to your students?
- Sakai - Remember to publish your site
- Google Groups - Created for all courses. Just email the course name ex. SAMP-101-01-FAemail@example.com
- Google Docs Collection or Google Drive Folder - you will need to share this with your Google Group, see - instructions for Managing Groups
- Google Sites - Request one under the Faculty tab in MyWellesley, as in the image below. Your site will already be shared to your Google course group when it's created.
Re-use content from past courses
- You can copy content from previous Sakai course sites
- Looking for old text E-Reserves from FirstClass Conferences?
- Log in to Sakai
- Go to My Workspace
- Under the Resources tool you will find an E-Reserves folder. Open this folder to display individual courses.
- If you'd like to reuse this content in Sakai, see Copying content from previous Sakai course sites
- If you'd like to reuse this content in Google, download it and upload it in Google Drive (Google Docs)
Where are my Video or Audio e-Reserves?
Adding auditors and additional students to your courses
Officially enrolled students including cross-registered students
- Will be added to both your Google Group and Sakai site (whether you're using them or not) the same day their registration is officially processed at the registrar.
- Please don't add official credit-earning students to your Google group or Sakai site manually.
- If students are having trouble seeing your course, please have them call the Help Desk.
- Sakai - link to add participants
- Google - edit group membership
You might be interested in pointing your students to this quick list of Sakai Tips
Reactivating Archived Google Groups
The Google Groups for last semester’s courses have now been put in archive mode, which Google now calls “Disabled”. No one can send new messages to a disabled course group, but all the old messages in the group will be saved indefinitely, and are still readable by anyone who has view permissions.
If you wish to continue actively using an archived group, you can easily “re-enable” it:
- Open the Group
- Click Manage in the upper-right
- Over on the left, click Information, then Advanced.
- Click the blue Re-enable this group button.
- Click Save at the top.
Note that only “managers” (i.e., you) can now post new messages to this re-enabled group. If you want others to be able to post new messages--such as the students--you need to change this for their role, by clicking on Permissions on the left, then Basic, then in the Post section, click on Select groups of users, and choose All members of the group. Finally, as always, click Save at the top.
- Call the Instructional Technology Line x4848
- Contact your Instructional Technology or Research Services subject specialist.