- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Public Computer Availability
- Google Apps
- Classroom Technology
- Instructional Technology
- Multimedia Projects
- Student Workshops
- Media Services
- Self-Service Requests
- Wellesley Initiative for Sustainable Computing (WISC)
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.5 or 3.6 is a popular web browser that Library & Technology Services recommends for both the Mac and Windows operating systems.
- If you are using a previous version of Firefox, please upgrade to 3.5 or 3.6 to keep up to date with security patches. At this time later versions have not been tested and are not supported for use with Wellesley's systems.
- If you have accidentally upgraded to a later version and are finding that you are unable to use Wellesley systems, follow the instructions below to remove Firefox and then install Firefox 3.
- A few members of the College community may have to use version 3.5 instead of 3.6 due to rare compatibility issues with specific administrative software. If you have not been told to use version 3.5, please make sure you are using 3.6.
- To determine what version of Firefox you have installed, please launch Firefox and go to Help > About Mozilla Firefox.
Installing Firefox 3
Uninstalling Firefox 3
Firefox Tour of New Features
- Learn about Firefox's new features
Firefox Help & Tutorials Knowledge Base
Is Firefox crashing or hanging? What to learn how to clear your cache? The Firefox knowledge base has a search engine that can help you find solutions to your problems.
Add-ons extend Firefox, letting you personalize your browsing experience. Check out Firefox's collection of add-ons . For example, Adblock Plus blocks website advertisements. Add-ons, however, are created by individual freelancing developers, therefore if the add-ons causes the browser to crash Wellesley College Information Services can only offer limited support.