- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Public Computer Availability
- Google Apps
- Classroom Technology
- Instructional Technology
- Multimedia Projects
- Student Workshops
- Media Services
- Self-Service Requests
- Wellesley Initiative for Sustainable Computing (WISC)
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
OS X v. 10.9 - Mavericks
At this time, LTS does not recommend upgrading Macs to OS X v.10.9 (Mavericks) due to the software incompatibilities listed below. If you have upgraded to Mavericks, please see the warnings below each listed issue for details. We will keep this page updated with the latest results of our testing.
Known compatibility issues (last updated 11/12/13):
- Cisco NAC / Clean Access Agent, On-campus Network Authentication.
- Macs running Mavericks must be exempted to have full access to the campus network.
- Find your WiFi or Ethernet address using instructions on our MAC Address website, and email it to email@example.com for an exemption.
- Cisco NAC may still popup, but after login will give the error "operating system is not supported."
- Java for web applications such as Banner ERP, Nolij, etc.
- Upgrading to Mavericks breaks the Java 6 compatibility that was already installed on your computer.
- Run this Java for OS X 2013-005 from Apple Downloads to restore Java 6 functionality.
Resolved compatibility issues (last updated 1/29/14):
- Cisco AnyConnect Client, Off-campus SSL VPN & Secure SSL VPN access
Faculty/staff who would like to be notified when the incompatibilities are resolved may contact the Help Desk. We would be happy to assist you with the upgrade process once your software requirements are cleared compatible with Mavericks. If you have already upgraded via the App Store and have concerns about software, please contact the Help Desk.