- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Public Computer Availability
- Google Apps
- Classroom Technology
- Instructional Technology
- Multimedia Projects
- Student Workshops
- Media Services
- Self-Service Requests
- Wellesley Initiative for Sustainable Computing (WISC)
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Mac Netbios Fix
LTS Mac Network Fix
LTS has discovered a problem with some of our Mac computers that causes slowness on our network.
We are asking faculty and staff who use Macs to help us update their computers by following these instructions:
- If you are on a laptop and are off campus, you'll need to connect to Wellesley's network via the VPN, or wait until you are on campus if you prefer.
- In the Finder, select Go > Connect to Server... from the menubar at the top of the screen.
- In the new dialog box that appears, in the Server Address field, type (or copy and paste)
- Click Connect and enter your domain password.
- For Mac OS X* 10.7 or 10.8:
double-click a file named netbiosdfix.command
or, for OS X 10.6:
double click a file named Fix NetBios 10.6.pkg (you may be asked to drag it to your desktop first) and click Continue, then Install
- In the new dialog box that appears, enter your computer password (same as domain for 10.8 users) when prompted (you won't see the password characters appear).
- When the fix is complete (it only takes a few seconds), close all open windows and eject the macfix volume.
You're done! Thank you!
*Not sure what Mac Operating System you have? Go to the Apple menu and select About This Mac.