- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
The Science Library and the Clapp Library are each equipped with large format plotters that will print documents up to 36 inches in width.
Instructions for Creating and Printing Posters
- Creating and printing a research poster in PowerPoint
- Printing from Adobe Photoshop
- Printing from Adobe Illustrator
- Printing from Microsoft Word (maximum poster size 22" x 22" )
- Downloading and printing USGS topographic maps (Science Library)
- Downloading and printing USGS topographic maps (Clapp Library)
Page Size Limits
- The maximum width and length of each document varies depending on the document's file type and application.
- Page size needs to be 36" x 8" or greater
- Unless otherwise specified, maximum paper length is 90"
Printing (reservations, paper and payment)
Reservations: Most printing jobs that are ready to print will print in under 30 minutes, but please reserve 1 hour per poster in case there are problems with your document.
Paper: Staff and student consultants may change the rolls of paper for the plotter. If you would like a different type of paper or ink needs to be replaced, please notify the Science Library desk.
Cost: Posters cost $5.50 per linear foot for Epson Premioum papers and $2.50 per linear foot for SiHL CAD paper regardless of whether they are for academic or personal use.
- A document that is 34 inches wide and 1 foot long printed on Epson paper would cost $5.50.
- A document that is 20 inches wide and 30 inches long (2.5 feet) on Epson Paper would cost $11.00.
A 46.5" x33" Scientific poster created in PowerPoint and printed on Epson paper will cost $21.
Payment: When the poster is complete, you must pay for your poster at the Clapp or Science Service desk. You can pay for your poster in cash, with a check made out to "Wellesley College", or with a budget number.