- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Adobe Home Use
Faculty and staff at Wellesley are able to install Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection on a personally-owned computer / laptop to facilitate your ability to work off campus.
- See Adobe's rules to understand the limitations for installation and use of the software at home.
- Make sure your personal computer meets the system requirements listed online. (Please note: some of the software requires a 64-bit operating system)
- Get your individual serial number by electronically signing the Home Use license agreement.
- Log into MyWellesley and go to Employment Services, Administrivia section on the right, and click Adobe CS6 Suite License for Home Use.
- If you are doing this from off-campus you must be connected to the SSL VPN or Secure SSL VPN first.
- Download and install the 30-day trial Adobe CS6 Master Collection suite.
- Download the installers for Mac OS X, or Windows ( Part 1 and Part 2).
- These installers are over 6GB each, so if you are on a slow internet connection at home, consider downloading while on campus and bring it home on a USB Flash Drive.
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, set one up using you Wellesley email
- If you only want Acrobat, you must include one other application when you install the Master Collection for the license to install properly.
- Uninstall older Adobe Suite products first (CS3 or CS5).
- If you have Mac OS X 10.7, and are upgrading, you will need to rename the folder "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" to avoid a ColorSync error message during installation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is the MyWellesley Administrivia channel?
A: Log in to MyWellesley, then check the Employment Services tab. It's on the right.
Q: Can I get my serial number while I'm at home?
A: Yes. The app where you sign the license and get your serial number requires on-campus network access, which you can do from home via the SSL VPN.
Q: What if I have a slow internet connection at home?
A: The installer for the Master Collection is very large and will take quite some time to download. You can do the download on campus and put it on a flash drive, if you have one that's big enough (8gb may be large enough, but at least 16gb is safer).
Q: What if I need to install it on more than one personally-owned computer?
A: Our license only allows us to provide you with one. If you need another, you can purchase that at an educational discount
Q: I need help downloading and/or installing the trial software
A: Please see Adobe's trial support, and contact our Help Desk if you will need assistance
Q: What if my personal computer is not powerful enough to run Adobe CS6?
A: We can't solve this problem for you, but the Help Desk can provide advice in your decision to upgrade, purchase a new computer, or do without CS6 at home
Q: What if I didn't get the license serial number from Wellesley before I started the trial?
A: Without a serial number, you must select the 30-day trial installation; later, when you get the license information, enter it the next time you see the prompt for it when you launch one of the Adobe suite products