Getting Help with Sakai
These resources provide assistance in using Sakai at Wellesley College. Some of these resources are tailored to Wellesley, others have been created for Sakai support generally (but will apply to working with Sakai here).
For immediate assistance, call the Instructional Support line, x4848 or the Help Desk, x3333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating and Managing sites
- Create your own project site (Course sites will be created automatically in Sakai not long after the Registrar finalizes the course schedule for the upcoming semester.)
- Manage a site you own.
- Students will be automatically enrolled in course sites through Banner. You can also manually add participants from the Wellesley community and beyond to your sites.
- Create and manage groups (from Indiana University)
Sakai tools - Overviews
- Tools Overview from Stanford , whose Sakai instance is named Coursework
- Video Tutorials - Short demos for Sakai tools, from Indiana University
Resources - readings & supplemental materials
- Guidelines for adding course materials to your Sakai site
- Moving multiple files into Sakai - Upload/Download multiple resources
- Re-use content across courses and semesters
- Create a multi-part syllabus based on number of items or dates (from Longsight)
- Adding your syllabus as a file attachment (from Longsight)
- Print your syllabus (from Longsight)
Assessment (Tests & Quizzes)
- Create a test or quiz (from Rutgers)
- Grade a test or quiz (from Rutgers)
- Release grades for viewing in the Tests and Quizzes tool (from Rutgers)
- Add items to the Grade book (from Rutgers )
- Import and export grades and items in the Grade book (from Rutgers)
- Grade an Assignment in the Assignments tool (from Rutgers )
Please send any feedback you might have about additional resources or topics you'd like to see covered in the Sakai help documentation to Mac Stewart (mstewart), Instructional Technologist.