Getting Help with Sakai
These resources provide assistance in using Sakai at Wellesley College. Some of these resources are tailored to Wellesley, others have been created for Sakai support by other institutions.
For immediate assistance, call the Instructional Support line, x4848 or the Help Desk, x3333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course sites will be created automatically after the Registrar finalizes the course schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Create your own Project site (Course sites will be created automatically in Sakai not long after the Registrar finalizes the course schedule for the upcoming semester.)
- Manage a site you own.
- Students will be automatically enrolled in course sites through Banner. You can also manually add participants to your sites.
- Create and manage groups (from Indiana University)
- Tools Overview - from Stanford University whose Sakai instance is named Coursework
- Video Tutorials - short demos for Sakai tools (from Indiana University)
- Guidelines for adding course materials to your Sakai site
- Moving multiple files into Sakai - Upload/Download multiple resources
- Re-use content across courses and semesters
- Create a multi-part syllabus based on number of items or dates (from Longsight)
- Adding your syllabus as a file attachment (from Longsight)
- Print your syllabus (from Longsight)
- Create an Assignment (from Rutgers University)
- Release grades in the Assignments tool (from Rutgers University)
Assessment (Tests & Quizzes)
- Create a test or quiz (from Rutgers University)
- Grade a test or quiz (from Rutgers University)
- Release grades for viewing in the Tests and Quizzes tool (from Rutgers University)
- Add items to the Grade book (from Rutgers University)
- Import and export grades and items in the Grade book (from Rutgers University)
- Grade an Assignment in the Assignments tool (from Rutgers University)
Please send any feedback you might have about additional resources or topics you'd like to see covered in the Sakai help documentation to:
Mac Stewart (mstewart), Instructional Technologist for Digital Publishing, LTS.