- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Accessing secure Wellesley resources through the Secure SSL VPN
Most applications should work the same as they do while you are on campus, with the following exceptions:
- Accessing NTM or Vault
- Connecting to your office computer from home
- Accessing software that uses KeyAccess or MathLM
Connecting to NTM or Vault from the Secure SSL VPN is similar to connecting to it while on campus.
- Go to Start > Run, or Start > Search.
- Type in either \\ntm.wellesley.edu or \\vault.wellesley.edu and press Enter.
- If you are asked for a username and password, put wellesley\ before your username (eg wellesley\wwellesl), type in your Domain password, and press Enter.
- If you get an error message, use the IP Addresses for the servers instead:
- For NTM, use \\188.8.131.52
- For Vault, use \\184.108.40.206
- An Explorer window will appear with the list of folders on the server. Double-click on the one you want to access.
Mac OS X:
- In the Finder menu, go to Go > Connect to Server.
- Type in smb://ntm.wellesley.edu or smb://vault.wellesley.edu
- Login with your Domain Account username and password when prompted.
- Select the folder you want to open from the list.
If you have a computer in your office on campus and want to connect to it remotely, select the link below that fits your situation. This is normally only needed if you have files or applications on your office computer that you do not otherwise have access to.
If files are stored on NTM or Vault, you can access them directly by following the steps above. If you have special applications installed on your office computer, please contact the Help Desk about using those programs from off-campus.
- I have a Windows computer at home,
- I have a Mac OS X computer at home,