The Wellesley College SSL VPN is available to all current faculty, staff, and students at Wellesley College for off-campus access to resources that are only accessible while on the Wellesley campus network.
- For accessing secure systems such as Banner ERP and Vault, please use the Secure SSL VPN.
- For directly through a web browser, visit https://vpn.wellesley.edu
- After logging in with your Wellesley Domain Account, your browser should install the AnyConnect client and automatically log you into the SSL VPN. If AnyConnect does not automatically log you in, enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server and click Connect. This website requires Java. If you receive an error that Java is not installed, please see our Windows or Mac OS X directions to install Java, or follow the directions below to install the AnyConnect client for Windows or Mac OS X.
- For Windows 7 - 10, visit our website for installing the AnyConnect Client for Windows
- For Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11, visit our website for installing the AnyConnect Client for Mac OS X.
- For Android devices, download either the free Samsung AnyConnect app for Samsung devices, or the free AnyConnect ICS+ for other devices from the Google Play Store, and set the server to vpn.wellesley.edu.
- For Apple devices, download the free Cisco AnyConnect app from the App Store, and set the server to vpn.wellesley.edu.
SSL VPN Information
Your computer must be off-campus to configure and use the SSL VPN. However, the Computing Help Desk in the Clapp Library has an off-campus network connection to test the Secure SSL VPN if you want to bring in your laptop computer.
The SSL VPN is typically used when you are connected to the internet from off-campus, such as at home, at a hotel, or abroad, and would like to use Wellesley's electronic resources that are restricted to the College's campus network, such as KeyAccess applications, on-campus only websites, Remote Desktop, and the NTM file server.
The Cisco AnyConnect Client for the SSL VPN creates an encrypted connection between your off-campus, internet-connected computer and the Wellesley campus network. When you are logged in to the SSL VPN, your computer is recognized as part of the Wellesley on-campus network, allowing you to access resources that are restricted to on-campus user no matter where you are connected to the internet.
When you are logged into the SSL VPN, all internet usage on your computer will go through Wellesley's network. This includes internet services such as streaming video sites (Netflix, YouTube, etc.), downloading files (Windows Updates,software installers, etc.), visiting non-Wellesley websites (CNN, Facebook, etc.), and online video gaming (World of Warcraft). You may see a slowness in these services as the data is rerouted through Wellesley's network to your computer. While connected to the SSL VPN, your computer usage is subject to the Wellesley College acceptable use policy.
For Secure SSL VPN off-campus access to Nolij, Vault, BannerERP, and other secure resources that are behind the Administrative Firewall, you will need to connect to the Secure SSL VPN.