New at Wellesley College?
Check out our Getting Started Guide.
Call the Computing Help Desk at x3333 to schedule your New User Orientation. A staff member will come to your office for a brief overview of academic, library, and technology resources.
- Request Trainings for Faculty and Staff
Request trainings (e.g., Google Drive Basics or Best Practices, or how we can help you with new staff department-specific workflows) for your department or other Wellesley group, including having LTS join existing meetings for a brief demo, or contact Susan Richman (x2120).
- General Workshops for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Sign up for a workshop on topics ranging from Photoshop to citation management tools.
- Sakai Training for Faculty
Visit our Sakai training page to attend a drop in session or get in touch with an instructional technologist.
- Course-Related Multimedia Instruction for Faculty
Contact a member of the instructional technology staff to request a session for your class. Sessions can be either in or outside class time.
- Library Research Instruction for Faculty
Request a session for your class by contacting the research and instruction librarian for your discipline directly.
- Banner Training
See our Banner website for information about Banner Self Service, Banner ERP, budget users and other useful tips.
- Log in to your Wellesley Google account to access these Office 2010 PDF "cheat sheets"
- Data Security Training, accessed through the MyWellesley portal Employee Services tab or Student Self-Service tab, is required for access to some resources.
- lynda.com has a vast library of video tutorials on topics ranging from animation to GIS to web design. Browse course offerings here. LyndaPro licenses are available to all students, faculty, and staff. You can start with what you can access for free, and request the use of one of our licenses for complete access.
Using an iOS device? The lynda app is a free download from the Apple App Store.
- Quick, free videos on a variety of topics
- Wellesley College employees receive discount pricing at designated Massachusetts training centers. Look for the Boston Consortium link at the bottom of the Human Resources signup page.
- Wellesley College is a Northeast Computing Program (NERCOMP) member. NERCOMP offers a schedule of special interest group meetings on a wide range of topics and an annual conference. Upcoming events registration and directions can be found on the NERCOMP web site
- Wellesley College is an EDUCAUSE member. EDUCAUSE offers publications, programming, and an annual conference. Upcoming events information can be found on the EDUCAUSE web site.
If you have attended a training, particularly one offered on campus or online, we would appreciate your feedback. This questionnaire about your experience will take very little time.