Adobe Acrobat Professional is software that allows for the creation and editing of PDF files. Acrobat Pro can be found installed on classroom and lab computers around campus, as well as on college-owned faculty/staff computers.
NOTE: Adobe Acrobat Pro is different from Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a simpler, free application for reading PDF files that does not have the same creation and editing functions.
Selected support topics:
(Unless otherwise noted, these links will take you away from the Wellesley College site.)
- Navigating PDF pages
- Rotate, move, delete, and renumber PDF pages
- Reusing PDF content
- Filling in PDF forms
- Converting web pages to PDF
- Page thumbnails and bookmarks in PDFs
- Securing PDFs with passwords
- Commenting in PDFs
- Converting a Microsoft Office Document to PDF File (Wellesley documentation)
For more information on using Acrobat, please see Adobe’s complete listing of support topics.