Library & Technology Services has licensed PGP Desktop for use on all College-owned Windows computers to securely delete or encrypt files on your computer. Please see the different ways you can use PGP Desktop by following the links below.
- Shredding files and free/unused disk space
- Sending encrypted files to people without PGP Desktop
- Encrypting files or folders on your computer
- Encrypting your entire computer
- Installing PGP Desktop on College-owned computers
PGP Desktop can create self-decrypting files that you can send to people who do not have PGP Desktop installed, but they need to be using a Windows computer to decrypt them. Please follow the directions below, using a computer with PGP Desktop installed on it.
When the person receives the file, they just double-click on it and they will be prompted for the passphrase. Once the passphrase is entered, they will be asked where to save the original file.