Installing a Ricoh Printer/Copier on Windows 7
- Download the Ricoh Universal driver for your version of Windows 7: 32-bit | 64-bit
If you need help identifying your version of Windows, please click here.
- Save the file to the desktop and when download is complete double-click on the file.
- WinZip Self-Extractor will pop up. In the Unzip to folder window, type C:\. Hit Unzip when the extractor is finished, close WinZip.
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers and click on Add a printer at the top of the window.
- The Add Printer window will appear. Click Add a local printer. In the Choose a Printer Port window, choose Create a new port . From Type list, select Standard TCP/IP Port . Click Next .
- In the Type a printer hostname or IP address window, type the queue name of the Ricoh in your department (e.g., PGRH1A). Click Next .
- Wait a bit until the Add Printer window gives you a list of Manufacturers and Printers. Click the Have Disk button below the Printers field.
- The Install from Disk window will appear. In the copy manufacturer's file from field, type C:\XP_VISTA\disk1 for 32-bit machines, or type C:\x64\disk1 for 64-bit machines, then click Browse. The file oemsetup.inf should appear in the File Name field. Highlight it and click Open .
- In the Install From Disk window, click OK .
- In the Add printer window, click PCL6 Driver for Universal Print , then click Next .
- In the Name Your Printer section, change the name of your printer to Ricoh Printer (you may add the queue name and the model number)
- In the Name Your Printer section, where it says Do you want to use this printer as the default printer?, click No . Click Next .
- In the Printer Sharing section, click Next .
- In the Print Test Page section, click Next to print a test page.
- In the Completing the Add Printer Wizard section, click Finish .
- The Add Printer Wizard will disappear.
- Windows is now configured to print to the Ricoh Printer/Copiers.
- You may now delete the z34011L6.exe file on your computer's desktop.
- To utilize the options available on the Ricoh Printer/Copiers, please read the Printing options for the Ricoh Copier/ Printer section below.
Printing options for the Ricoh Printer/Copier
To set up the specific options for your particular Ricoh Printer/Copier model please follow the instructions below.
- Click on Start
- Click on Devices and Printers
- Right-click on your Ricoh Printer
- Select Printer properties from the pop up menu
- Click on the Accessories tab
- Please wait for the driver to find your printers options. This may take a few minutes
- After the Options pane becomes available in the Accessories tab you can use your printer/ copiers specific options.
To setup duplex printing:
1. Get Printer Properties on the printer by right clicking on it.
2. In the Properties dialog box select the Device Settings tab.
3. Scroll down to the Installable Options section.
4. Click on Duplex Unit and select Installed from the drop down menu.
5. Click OK and you are done.
You may now select Duplexing as an option