Summer in Asia Grants
Grants For Summer Study in Asia
At present, approximately half of the annual expendable budget is allocated to fund summer scholarships that support language study in East and South Asia. No awards will be made for language programs outside Asia. Applicants for summer study grants must have completed one year of language study at Wellesley and include a recommendation letter from their language instructor at Wellesley with the application. Only students with a 3.0 minimum average in their language courses will be considered. Please check with your language professor for a list of recommended programs.
The grant process entails:
- Applicant submits applicant form (page 1).
- Applicant asks two faculty members to provide recommendations (page 2).
- Faculty members submit recommendations (page 3). Faculty may email a recommendation as an attachment (to firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline, February 25, 2013.
- Applicant fills out the waiver form (page 4).
- Please submit all materials except for the transcript through the MSF website. Please email your transcript (informal) as an attachment (to email@example.com) by the deadline, February 25, 2013.
Because MSC has limited funding for summer study abroad, students are strongly encouraged to apply for additional external funding support for summer study. Please see Other Funding Sources for Summer Study.