Walking and Running Safety
Before You Leave
- Plan your outing. Tell someone where you're going and when you'll return.
- Know where telephones are located along the course or keep your mobile phone in your hand.
- Wear reflective material if you are running at night.
On the Road
- Stay alert at all times.
- Run or walk with a friend.
- Don't wear headsets. If you wear them you may not hear an approaching car or person.
- Consider carrying a cellular phone. Program with the emergency number for the Wellesley College Police Department (781.283.5555).
- Exercise in familiar areas. Know which stores are open.
- Vary your route.
- Avoid unpopulated or poorly lit areas, deserted streets, and overgrown trails.
- If you think you are being followed, change direction and head for populated areas.
- Have your OneCard ready before you reach your rsidence hall.
- Call the WCPD (781.283.5555) immediately if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary.