Residence Hall Safety
- Do not prop open residence hall doors. Open doors provide opportunity for people to enter the halls and put all community members in jeopardy.
- When you leave your room, even to go down the hall to the rest room, be sure to lock the door and take your keys. If you have a roommate, make a pact for safety that you will both secure your room every time you leave.
- Do not leave items unattended; if you are in your hall, or anywhere on campus, keep your belongings with you at all times.
- When you go to lunch, do not leave your books outside the dining hall; bring them with you and carry them as you pick up your meal.
- Take advantage of Operation ID. Engrave valuables with your social security number, and store the serial numbers in a safe, secure place.
- Report stolen or lost key or OneCard immediately to Campus Police. We will deprogram your OneCard immediately.
- Immediately report suspicious persons or activities to the WC Police Department, x2121 or x5555.