The Committee on Curriculum and Academic Policy (CCAP) oversees the curriculum and other academic policies at Wellesley College.
Each year the curriculum from every department and program is reviewed, first directly by the department or program and, by an assigned CCAP reviewer. Once the initial review is complete the entire committee discusses the department or program as a whole entity. With CCAP approval in hand, the curriculum is then presented by committee to the Academic Council for motion and vote.
Each year faculty may submit new courses for consideration into the department or program's curriculum. New courses recieve extensive review from the committee prior to approval.
For more information about the curriculum process and our catalog management tool see the detailed information below.
The following information has been created to help guide departments and programs through the curriculum submission process.
2013-2014 Curriculum Deadline: January 17, 2013
The curriculum submission deadline must be adheared to inorder for the course to be available for student registration. On or before that day, all curriculum changes should be “submitted” to the CCAP Reviewer using the catalog management tool. In addition to the catalog items, both the “Department/Program Summary 4 CCAP” and all new course forms should also be submitted by that date. (see Process Guide below for details).
Departments will be notified when new information is posted on this site but please revisit these documents from time-to-time as we will be updating them based on your feedback!
- Curriculum Review Process Guide - for Academic Departments & Interdepartmental Programs
- Curriculum FAQs
- Step-by-Step Documentation - for using the catalog management tool
- Abbreviated Step-by-Step - use as reminder. Please read above at least once.
- Submission Quick Guide - for the chair's submission process. (No images.)
- Field Glossary - for specific instructions for completing every course detail
- New Course Form - MyWellesley >> Administrivia > Catalog -New Course Form