|April 4||Departments submit to the Office of the Registrar names of students standing for honors in their department. Students planning on honors-by-examination are encouraged to check with the Department to ensure they are on the list.|
|TBA||Thesis submission process information session Clapp Computing Classroom (near the Knapp Center) 4:30-5:30. Come ask questions about the new submission process, embargoes, & the institutional repository.|
Students must email a list of all thesis reviewers, with a clear indication of which role each faculty member will serve:
|Students must submit the thesis document electronically to the College's repository.|
|April 29||Electronic repository will distribute copies of thesis to honors examining committee, including the honors visitor.|
|May 12 - May 13||Oral examinations normally scheduled for these two days.|
Below you'll find a general schedule for a spring thesis process.
Departments and programs should approve all students continuing from 360 to 370. All thesis registration will be handled by the Office of the Registrar's. Department chairs/program directors should send a list of student names, id numbers and the names of 370 advisors to the Office of the Registrar's email account.
- An email will be sent to all tenured faculty members asking if they are interested in serving as an honors visitor in fields outside their department.
- The names of faculty members interested in serving as honors visitors will be posted.
- A list of registered 370 students will be sent to chairs, program directors and administrative assistants for verification.
- By first week in April department chairs/program directors must submit the names of all students standing for honors, including students persuing alternate routes to departmental honors, as mandated by Articles of Government.
- By mid-April the names (and email address if non-Wellesley) of all members of the student’s thesis examining committee and honors visitor must be emailed by the student to email@example.com.
- By Noon on due date in late April, a PDF of the thesis must be submitted to the electronic repository.
- Members of the student’s thesis examining committee will each receive an electronic copy of the thesis from the electronic repository.
- Oral exams normally scheduled during reading period.
- After the oral exam is complete, the visitor is responsible for completing the electronic "Report of Honors Work" form.
- Students submit a final electronic copy of the thesis into the repository by mid to late May.
- nominating the honors visitor in consultation with her honors advisor
- emailing the names (and address if outside Wellesley) of all members of the thesis examining committee to firstname.lastname@example.org
- submitting a PDF of the thesis to the College's repository on the due date
- assisting the student in identifying an honors visitor
- scheduling the date, time and place of the oral examination
- completing the "Report of Honors Work" form and submitting it electronically
Department Chair or Admininistrative Assistant:
- confirming for Jennifer Lewis the names of all students standing for honors in the department, including students who might be pursuing honors via alternate routes.
The honors student, in consultation with the honors advisor, will ask one tenured faculty member from outside the student's major department or program to serve as the honors visitor representing the CCAP. For interdepartmental theses, the visitor should not reside in the same department/program as the advisor of the honors thesis. A list of tenured faculty members who have expressed interest in serving as an honors visitor will be posted here in March.
Please note, any tenured faculty member may serve as the honors visitor and students are not restricted to the names on this list.
Once the faculty member has agreed to serve as the CCAP-designated visitor, the thesis advisor should provide the following information to email@example.com:
a) the name of the honors visitor
b) the names of all other members of the thesis examining committee (with email address if non-Wellesley)
The honors advisor will continue to be responsible for scheduling the honors oral exam at a time convenient for both the student and the entire examining committee during reading period.
Please inform the honors visitor that she/he is responsible for completing the "Report of Honors Work" form & submitting it electronically.
This document is only a partial guide to the Honors process. For a full description, see Articles of Government, Book II, Article IV, Section 2.