Information on dates, requirements, and cost are included below.
Transition to Summer Housing Information:
- The first week of summer housing (May 28th) is extremely limited and priority will be given to Summer Science and Social Science Research participants and registered Summer Session 1 students.
- Preference for housing for the first week will be given to registered Summer Session 1 students and Summer Science and Social Science Research participants who register for housing by April 21st.
- If you register for Summer Session 1, and later drop the class, you will no longer be eligible for housing for that purpose.
- All summer housing students who have been given permission by Residential Life to remain in their ’16-’17 academic-year rooms must vacate their spring rooms by noon on Sunday, May 28th.
Summer Housing Information:
- Summer Housing will be available starting Monday June 5th in Munger and Shafer.
- No student may enter summer housing after the week of July 23rd.
- All Summer Housing students must vacate their rooms and leave campus no later than 12pm (noon) on Saturday, August 5th with the exception of a few students granted extensions due to their summer program.
- If you are approved to return early, your name must appear on an early return roster. Otherwise, you may return when all residence halls open for fall semester on Saturday, September 2nd at 9:00 am.
- Every effort will be made to assign those students who have registered for Summer Housing in its entirety to their fall academic room. This cannot be guaranteed.
- Priority for singles will go to rising juniors and seniors.
- Eligible registered Wellesley College Summer Session students, Wellesley College students and non-Wellesley grant recipients are eligible for Summer Housing. To secure residence, one must be in good financial standing with the college. Class of 2017 graduates will not be eligible for summer housing unless they have secured an on-campus summer job. Wellesley students on a conditional leave of absence must have written permission from their Class Dean to register for Summer Housing.
- Students’ working for Reunion should contact the Alumnae Office directly regarding Housing.
- Residence hall storage will NOT be accessible over the summer so please pack accordingly.
- Meals are not included in rent, however communal kitchens are available. Students use this space at their own risk. Dining options will be posted on the Dining Services website.
- Residential Life staff will be on duty and on-call throughout the summer.
- The official billing week runs from Sunday through Saturday, and minimum stay is one week with no partial billing. Week 1 runs from Sunday to Sunday with no partial billing. Week 2 runs from Monday to Saturday with no partial billing.
- Student Housing, along with other administrative offices, use the Google Group Summer Housing as a means to communicate important information. Students will be directly added to the group once their housing request is approved. This is also a forum for summer communication between residents and should be monitored regularly.
- Rent is $150 per week per person, regardless of occupancy and can be paid directly to the Controller’s Office in Green Hall. Rent will be posted directly to your student account.
- Failure to give a full week’s notice in writing to the Housing Office when changing occupancy dates will result in a $150 fee. Dates of occupancy must be made known at the time of registration. Students who are only registered for Summer School Session housing are subject to the Summer School refund schedule.
- Students will be billed for the entire length of stay for which they register. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Housing Office directly of any changes to start or end dates.
- Please see the 2017 Summer Housing Rates for more information.
Register by completing this 2017 Summer Housing Registration Form.
Questions? Email StudentHousing@wellesley.edu