Career Education Van

Accident Reporting Procedure

If you are involved in an accident while using a Career Education vehicle, please follow the steps below:

  • Make sure that you are safely out of traffic. If you are unable to move the vehicle out of traffic, get out of the vehicle safely and wait in a safe location. If you are injured, do not move. Ask someone else to call an ambulance.
  • Exchange vehicle information with the other driver - name, address, phone number, license number, plate number, year, make, model of car, name of Insurance Company. Refer to the brochure "What to do after an auto accident" in your vehicle's glove compartment for help collecting information at the scene of the accident.
  • Contact Campus Police at x2121. State your exact location. If you are near campus and uninjured, they will dispatch Motor Pool to pick you and the vehicle up. If, due to injury, you are unable to call, tell the police or ambulance that you are from Wellesley College and ask them to contact Campus Police.
  • Once you have returned to campus, contact Career Education at x2348 and report the accident. You must include the following information in your message: your name, the vehicle you were using, where you broke down, and the date and time.
  • If a Wellesley College employee is injured, he/she must file an Accident Report & Treatment (ART) Form with Human Resources and Environmental Health & Safety.
  • A report must be filed with the town/city in which the accident occurred and with Campus Police. Stop into Campus Police Headquarters as soon as possible following an accident and Campus Police can assist you with the reporting process. Campus Police will notify Motor Pool and Risk Management about all reported vehicle accidents.

Additional Information

For additional information on the Career Education transportation policies and procedures, please click here: