Facilities Vehicle

Accident Reporting Procedure

If you are involved in an accident while driving a Facilities vehicle, please follow the steps below:

  • Make sure that you are safely out of traffic. If you are unable to move the vehicle out of traffic, get out of the vehicle safely and wait in a safe location. If you are injured, do not move. Ask someone else to call an ambulance.
  • Exchange vehicle information with the other driver - name, address, phone number, license number, plate number, year, make, model of car, name of Insurance Company. Refer to the brochure "What to do after an auto accident" in your vehicle's glove compartment for help collecting information at the scene of the accident.
  • Contact Campus Police at 781-283-2121. State your exact location. If you are near campus and uninjured, they will dispatch Motor Pool to pick you and the vehicle up. If, due to injury, you are unable to call, tell the police or ambulance that you are from Wellesley College and ask them to contact Campus Police.
  • Once you have returned to campus, contact John Mulhall and report the accident. You must include the following information in your message: your name, the vehicle you were using, where you broke down, the date and the time of the incident.
  • If a Wellesley College employee is injured, he/she must file an Accident Report & Treatment (ART) Form with Human Resources and Environmental Health and Safety.
  • A report must be filed with the town/city in which the accident occurred and with Campus Police. Campus Police can assist you with this process.