Personal Vehicle

Accident Reporting Procedure

If you are involved in an accident while driving your personal vehicle for College business, please follow the steps below:

  • Make sure that you are safely out of traffic. If you are unable to move the vehicleout of traffic, get out of the vehicle safely and wait in a safe location. If you are injured, do not move. Ask someone else to call an ambulance.
  • Exchange vehicle information with the other driver - name, address, phone number, license number, plate number, year, make, model of car, name of Insurance Company.
  • If necessary, contact the local police or ask someone to do so.
  • Contact Campus Police at 781-283-2121. State your exact location. If you are near campus and uninjured, they will dispatch Motor Pool to pick you and the vehicle up. If, due to injury, you are unable to call, tell the police or ambulance that you are from Wellesley College and ask them to contact Campus Police.
  • If a Wellesley College employee is injured, he/she must file an Accident Report & Treatment (ART) Form with Human Resources and Environmental Health and Safety.
  • A report must be filed with the town/city in which the accident occurred and with Campus Police. Campus Police can assist you with this process.
  • An employee driving his/her own car on College business is financially responsible for damage to both his/her own vehicle and any damage he/she may cause. In certain situations, the College's excess liability insurance may apply.

Important Information

Note: An employee involved in an accident using his/her own automobile for College business will not be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket deductible expense to repair his/her automobile.