If you are involved in an accident while using a Zipcar, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure that you are safely out of traffic. If you are unable to move the vehicle out of traffic, get out of the vehicle safely and wait in a safe location. If you are injured, do not move. Ask someone else to call an ambulance.
- DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY TO ANYONE.
- Exchange vehicle information with the other driver - name, address, phone number, license number, plate number, year, make, model of car, name of Insurance Company.
- If necessary, contact the local police or ask someone else to do so.
- Zipcar membership includes roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In the event of an accident while driving a Zipcar, you can call 1-866-4ZIPCAR to report the accident and for assistance.
- Contact Campus Police at 781-283-2121. State your exact location. If you are near campus and uninjured, they will dispatch Motor Pool to pick you up. If, due to injury, you are unable to call, tell the police or ambulance that you are from Wellesley College and ask them to contact Campus Police.
- If a Wellesley College employee is injured, he/she must file an Accident Report & Treatment (ART) Form with Human Resources and Environmental Health and Safety.
- A report must be filed with the town/city in which the accident occurred and with Campus Police. Campus Police can assist you with this process.
Zipcar membership includes insurance. For more information on Zipcar's insurance, click here: http://www.zipcar.com/how/faqs/ specify your city as Boston, and scroll down to the section on Insurance and Vehicle Damage.