Travel Information for Faculty and Staff
TRAVEL – FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC
When traveling away from Wellesley College on College sponsored or funded trips, faculty and staff members should be aware of the travel assistance services available to them as well as key steps to take prior to departure.
Global Travel Registration via United Healthcare
Wellesley College employees are strongly encouraged to register all college funded or sponsored international trips and domestic trips (greater than 100 miles away from campus) with the college's Risk and Compliance Manager via this form:
Using a platform developed by United HealthCare, the College is able to visually manage its travel by location. Here is an example of the global travel map for Wellesley College:
Since crises can erupt in an instant in any location worldwide, Wellesley College wants to ensure that Wellesley travelers feel connected to campus and supported by the College throughout their trip. In the event of an emergency in a specific location, the College can quickly message those travelers who have submitted their travel information to the Risk and Compliance Manager prior to their travel and offer assistance, as needed.
The UHC Global website also has a wealth of up-to-date information to prepare travelers for their trips. The UHC Global instructions sheet will provide you with the steps necessary to register with the website. Please note: only Wellesley College travelers may register with UHC Global by using these instructions.
Travel Assistance Program via Chubb Insurance Company
As part of the College’s travel accident insurance policy through Chubb Insurance Company, Wellesley College faculty, staff and students have access to the assistance services of AXA while traveling for Welelsley College related activities 100 miles or more from campus.
Please print the Travel Assistance Services brochure prior to your College related travel. The College advises travelers to cut out and carry the card provided in the brochure with you at all times while traveling on behalf of Wellesley College.
The Chubb Client Summary document provides detailed information about the College's travel assistance services. Please contact email@example.com with specific questions after reviewing this information.
Chubb Assistance Services Website
To register with the Chubb Travel Assistance website, please follow these steps:
1) Go to www.acetravelassistance.net
2) Enter the username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password (acea&h) and click the “Sign In” button.
3) On the Registration Form page, enter your Wellesley email address for your username plus your first and last names. Then, click the “Register” button.
4) You should receive the following message: “You have been registered correctly. An email has been sent to your account with the password.”
5) Open the link in your email from AXA Assistance Services and enter your username (your full Wellesley email address) plus the password provided in the email. Click the “Sign In” button.
6) You will be prompted to choose a new, secure password. Click the “Change Password” button.
7) The website’s main page should now appear and you should have access to the full website.
Please contact the Risk and Compliance Manager at x2302 with any questions about this process.
AXA Travel App for Smartphones
Wellesley College travelers can download the AXA Assistance Services app for their smartphones as another way to access the travel assistance services.
U.S. State Department's S.T.E.P.
Sign up for the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) before you travel to receive email updates about travel warnings and travel alerts.