Insurance for Vendors
Wellesley College Insurance Requirements for Vendors
The following minimum insurance standards shall apply to all vendors who will be on the campus of Wellesley College while providing, selling or distributing products and services and, in particular, those whose work is of a physical nature. Exceptions to these requirements may be made under limited or unique circumstances. Such exceptions must be approved after a thorough review by the Wellesley College Purchasing Department.
Workers Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance
a. Workers Compensation: Statutory Requirement
b. Employers’ Liability
- $100,000 bodily injury each accident
- $100,000 bodily injury by disease for each employee
- $500,000 bodily injury/disease aggregate
Statutory workers compensation covering each and every worker employed in connection with the work as provided in the statutes applicable to workers compensation.
Commercial General Liability
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Completed Op Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $ 50,000 Fire Damage
- $ 5,000 Medical Expense
b. There should be no exclusion for:
- Operations and Premises
- Products/Completed Operations Liability
- Owners and Contractors Protective
- Explosion, Collapse and Underground
- Limiting Coverage’s with respect to environmental hazards
c. Wellesley College must be named as an additional insured as their interests may appear and a copy of the endorsement should be received by the Wellesley College Purchasing Department before any contract is executed.
a. Bodily Injury/Property Damage: Combined Single Limit of $1,000,000
b. Coverage must include: Non-Owned Car, Hired Car and all Owned or Leased Vehicles.
c. Wellesley College must be named as an additional insured and an insurance certificate should be received by the Wellesley College Purchasing Department before any contract is executed.
a. Umbrella Liability Limits: $2,000,000 each occurrence/aggregate
b. Wellesley College must be named as an additional insured and an insurance certificate should be received by the Wellesley College Purchasing Department before any contract is executed. Coverage is in excess of General Liability, Automobile Liability, Workers Compensation Coverage and any required Environmental or Professional Liability Insurance purchased.
a. Professional Legal Liability Limits: $2,000,000 each occurrence/aggregate
b. The Wellesley College Purchasing Department should receive a confirming insurance certificate before any contract is executed. This coverage may be optional coverage depending on the nature of the work provided:
- For Charter Bus Companies
- $5M for Auto Liability
- Name Wellesley College as an additional insured
- Please provide a 30-day notice of cancellation or non-renewal of coverage to the College.
- The Certificate of Insurance verifying the above coverages should be submitted to the Purchasing Department prior to the vendor engaging in services at Wellesley College.
Questions concerning this policy may be directed to the Risk and Compliance Manager 781.283-2302 or the Purchasing Department 781.283.2471.