Accident Reporting Procedure
If you are involved in an accident while using a Center for Work and Service vehicle, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure that you are safely out of traffic. If you are unable to move the vehicle out of traffic, get out of the vehicle safely and wait in a safe location. If you are injured, do not move. Ask someone else to call an ambulance.
- DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY TO ANYONE.
- Exchange vehicle information with the other driver - name, address, license number, plate number, year, make, model of car, name of Insurance Company. Refer to the brochure "What to do after an auto accident" in your vehicle's glove compartment for help collecting information at the scene of the accident.
- Contact Campus Police at x2121. State your exact location. If you are near campus and uninjured, they will dispatch Motor Pool to pick you and the vehicle up. If, due to injury, you are unable to call, tell the police or ambulance that you are from Wellesley College and ask them to contact Campus Police.
- Once you have returned to campus, contact CWS at x2348 and report the accident. You must include the following information in your message: your name, the vehicle you were using, where you broke down, and the date and time.
- If you did not receive injuries that resulted in being brought to the emergency room, you must visit a doctor or Wellesley College Health Service within a day of the accident. A letter confirming your visit must be submitted to CWS. If you refuse to see a doctor or Wellesley College Health Service, you must submit a letter to CWS stating the reason you refused to seek medical attention.
- A report must be filed with the town/city in which the accident occurred and with Campus Police. Campus Police can assist you with this process. Campus Police will then notify Motor Pool and Risk Management about all reported vehicle accidents.
For additional information on the Center for Work and Service transportation policies and procedures, please click here: http://www.wellesley.edu/cws/serves/transportation