Special Precautions for those using Milicurie Quantities of P32
- Low density shielding (e.g., Plexiglass, 3/8 inch) must be used to keep radiation exposure to a minimum.
- A mandatory radiation survey and wipe test must be performed after each use.
- The use of finger-type extremity monitoring for procedures that involve 1 millicurie or more is mandatory.
- The use of a dry run prior to the performance of unfamiliar procedures, in order to preclude unexpected complications.
- Notification of Radiation Safety Officer that experiments are being conducted using 1 millicurie or more.
- All experiments using 1 millicurie or more must be conducted in the designated radioisotope room.