All student organization events in the Science Center must be approved in advance.
Approval requires submission of a space request through the 25Live system which will be reviewed by the Office of Student Involvement and then forwarded to the Science Center for approval. (Non-constituted groups cannot make requests in 25Live – they should contact the Office of Student Involvement for help.) If you have not received an event confirmation via email from the Office of Student Involvement, your event is not approved. Please submit requests a minimum of ten (10) days prior to your event date.
Please do not submit events to the Science Center for approval if the planned event conflicts with any of the following guidelines:
- Weekdays, student requests for space will only be approved from 12:30-1:30pm, after 5:00pm, and during Community Times; all events must end by 10:00pm, Sunday through Saturday.
- Student group events are not allowed in the Faroll Focus, the Leaky Beaker, or the Penthouse.
- Fundraising activities by student organizations are restricted to Sage Lounge.
- Student organizations may not sell food in the Science Center before 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- Food preparation is not allowed in the Science Center: foods must be pre-prepared and/or prepackaged.
- Any student organization dinners must have a faculty supervisor present throughout the event.
- Food is allowed only in the following classrooms: L104, S155, S261A, S267, S268, S269, S270, S273, S277, S278, S377, and S396. Food is also allowed in Sage Lounge.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of the student organization.
- If furniture is moved, students must ensure that everything is put back in its original place at the end of the event.
- Any student org event open to non-members, and any event where group attendance exceeds 20 people, requires a faculty supervisor be present.
- If an event is scheduled on a weekend or other time when custodial staff are not on duty, your student group is responsible for paying for custodial services. Student Involvement will arrange for all facilities requests, including custodial services, after space use approval in 25Live.
- Any spamming about student organization events must follow the Science Center Student Posting Policy (see the Science Center website for details).
- 25Live requests must contain all pertinent information and each field must be completed or the request will be denied.
- Any and all questions concerning events in the Science Center should be directed to the Office of Student Involvement:
The Office of Student Involvement
Megan Jordan, Assistant Director X3795
Doris H. Forde, Scheduling Coordinator X2672
The above guidelines apply to both constituted and non-constituted student organizations.