The Office of the Dean of Students collaborates with students, faculty, and staff on all things student life.
The Division of Student Life guides and fosters the intellectual, ethical, personal, and social development of Wellesley students as they explore their place and purpose as engaged learners in a diverse and interdependent college and world.
- As educators, we provide opportunities that both enrich the essential learning that occurs in our community and encourage and support these features of student learning by:
- Developing a community in which members exhibit mutual respect and share responsibility for the welfare of the community;
- Setting high standards for personal integrity;
- Understanding and appreciating the relationship between learning within and outside the classroom;
- Exploring personal experiences, values and beliefs, leading to the articulation of a sense of purpose;
- Expanding multicultural competency and awareness of social justice by engaging issues of difference with others;
- Developing a well-balanced lifestyle characterized by making healthy choices, learning from one’s mistakes, and exhibiting resiliency;
- Establishing habits that lead to a lifelong pursuit of learning.