The Academic Review Board is the principal body for overseeing each student’s academic progress and for granting exceptions to degree requirements and academic policies.
The Board is chaired by the Dean of Students, and includes the Class Deans, faculty members, and student representatives. The Board researches and recommends changes in academic policy. Students who wish to submit a petition to the Academic Review Board should first consult with their class dean and then complete the online petition. Petitions should be submitted by noon the day before the Board's meeting.
Students asking for excused incompletes should review the general information posted here and complete the online petition for an excused incomplete. Petitions for excused incompletes should be submitted within two days of the end of the exam period for the relevant semester.
For 2014-2015, the Board will meet on Sept. 16, Oct. 21, Nov. 11, Dec. 9, Jan. 14 (fall academic review), Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 5, May 26 (senior academic review), June 9 (spring academic review). Members for 2014-2015 include
- Debra DeMeis, Dean of Students, chair
- Robin Akert, Psychology
- Chris Arumainagayam, Chemistry
- Charles Bu, Mathematics
- Tracey Cameron, Intercultural Education, Black Task Force representative
- Sylvaine Egron-Sparrow, French
- Craig Murphy, Political Science
- Daniela Rivera, Art
- Fiona Almeida, Davis Scholar
- Teja Reddy, '15
- Laura Zeng,'16
- Chandra Boudreau, '17
- Jennifer Stephan, Dean of the Class of 2015
- Susan Cohen, Dean of the Class of 2016 and Davis Scholars
- John O'Keefe, Dean of the Class of 2017 (A-F)
- Joy Playter, Dean of the Class of 2017 (G-Z)
- Lori Tensor, Dean of First-Year Students
- Carol Shanmugaratnam, Registrar (non-voting)
- Stephanie Kirylych, Associate Registrar (non-voting)