- Student Life
- Dean of Students
- Student Life Department Availability in Bad Weather
- Residential Life
- Campus Life
- Academic Support
- Our Diverse Community
- Work, Service & Leadership
- Health and Wellness
- Boston & Beyond
- Campus Life Policies
Release of Student Contact Information
Wellesley College requires students to provide and/or update personal contact information on an annual basis.
This information is necessary to support multiple College functions and systems. Contact information may be released to College officials and staff, including members of the faculty, who have a legitimate education interest and to students serving on official committees or assisting a school official in performing his or her official duties.
Student contact information may be used for several purposes including but not limited to:
- Communicating with families about important events such as Friends & Family Weekend, Commencement, and First-Year Orientation.
- Populating other systems including the college-wide emergency notification system, Medicat, and the online Wellesley College Directory (on-campus viewing only).
- Sharing with staff members who are expected to respond to student emergencies, including employees within the Office of Residential Life, Health and Counseling Services, Office of the Dean of Students, Campus Police, and Office of Religious and Spiritual Life and with staff and faculty members including coaches, faculty and staff members who oversee off-campus student activities, such as study, internships, or travel.
Students are responsible for insuring that the data in the Contact Information form is accurate and complete.
Wellesley College respects a student’s right to privacy as described in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). We will not make routine disclosures of information to a parent or legal guardian without the student’s authorization. However, FERPA acknowledges the right of the College to release information in education records to parents, legal guardians, and others with a right to know during health and safety emergencies.
Wellesley College policies are subject to revision without notice.