The former Simpson Hospital now houses the Stone Counseling Center.
The Tudor-style Simpson Cottage (Van Brunt and Howe, 1882) was remodeled from living quarters to serve as an infirmary in 1908, but in 1941 the trustees determined "an efficient modern clinic and infirmary were essential," according to Wellesley College 1875-1975, edited by Jean Glasscock.
That new unit (Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, 1941), a 30-bed brick hospital and clinic, was connected to the original building. The 1998 Master Plan recommended its demolition, but it has served multiple purposes over the decades, while continuing to be home to Health Service. For example, until recently, information technology staff offices filled some floors of Simpson East.