Social Science Summer Research Program 2023
The SSSRP at Wellesley College offers students a unique opportunity to conduct research in a variety of social science disciplines under the supervision of faculty experts in that field. The program is restricted to full-time Wellesley College students.
Student fellows and faculty supervisors should make note of the following program features:
- The program is 8.5 weeks long beginning June 1, 2023. Students will be expected to work full time (35 hours) per week and will receive a stipend of $4,465.
- Students will receive a housing stipend that covers on-campus housing over the summer. Students will also receive a partial meal stipend that covers half of the meal costs. (Student fellows accepted into the program will be responsible for half of the meal plan over the summer, a total of $1000.00)
- Weekly meetings between fellows and their faculty supervisors strongly recommended.
- Additional meetings as a group may be available to students and faculty supervisors (participation for students is expected as part of the program).
- Poster session will be Thursday, July 27. All students are expected to participate in poster session.
- Student fellows are not permitted to accept any other full-time or part-time positions (virtual or otherwise) that would coincide with the program dates. (Some exceptions may apply; fellows should discuss the specifics with supervisors)
Please email the program director, Jennifer Musto (email@example.com) or Sheila Datz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.