Ways to Promote Events
If your event is appropriate for inclusion in the Arts and Culture at Wellesley Calendar, submit an event form to Communications & Public Affairs.
Eligible events must be hosted by an academic department, and include visual arts, major lectures and panels, author readings, cultural events, religious and spiritual events, and music, theatre, and dance performances. Event forms must be submitted by the designated deadlines at the end of each semester for the following semester. For the fall Calendar, the due date for submissions is mid-May; for the spring calendar, the due date for submissions is early November. To request an event form and learn the exact date for submission for the next Calendar, please email Hannah Hudson in Communications & Public Affairs (C&PA).
Once your event form is submitted, C&PA will work with you to finalize the details that are included in the Arts and Culture at Wellesley Calendar, which is hosted on Wellesley’s Events pages. Inclusion in the Calendar also secures the following promotional support from C&PA:
- Enhanced event page and inclusion in the spotlight Events pages on the College website
- Placement in the monthly Arts and Culture Events at Wellesley email (sent to more than 2,200 subscribers)
- Possibility for inclusion in media outreach and/or advertising
- Potential for promotion on the Wellesley College Facebook page and other social media
- Event postings to multiple online events calendars, e.g. boston.com, Wicked Local Wellesley, and the Patch
- Video screen file posted on your behalf on monitors across campus when a file is provided that meets the video screen guidelines
Want to extend your event promotion?
Event hosts are always welcome to work with the campus print shop or their own designers to prepare promotional materials, but those materials should follow Wellesley’s visual guidelines.
Please note that the Daily Shot is a web editorial space, and therefore not used for event promotion, with the exception of the three featured events per semester and events that are mentioned as part of a broader story.
If you have any questions regarding event promotion at Wellesley, please feel free to contact us at 781.283.2379.