The Class of 2021 Admission Statistics (as of 5/15/17)*
- Wellesley received 5,703 applications for admission (a 17% increase from 2016!).
- We admitted approximately 22% of those who applied.
- The incoming class is currently 597 students
The following statistics are for the enrolling students in the class of 2021:
- For the redesigned SAT the average scores are:
- Reading and Writing: 697
- Math: 699
- For the "old" SAT the average scores are:
- Critical Reading: 715
- Math: 714
- Writing: 718
- The average ACT score is 31.
- 59% of students attend public school, 41% attend private/independent school, and <1% parochial school.
- Students hail from 44 states and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- 49% identify as students of color, with 23% identifying as under-represented minorities (including biracial and multiracial).
- 14% have alumnae relatives (including cousins).
- 14% are international citizens
- 16% are the first generation in their family to attend college
- 57% are receiving some form of financial aid.
*Every year there is some minimal “summer melt” in the class as we work with enrolled students who will request to defer their entrance to the fall of 2018, as well as experience the impact of potential further wait list activity among our peer and competitor institutions. Final statistics for the Class of 2021 will be available in early September.