The (amazing) Network: Wellesley’s illustrious alumnae—sort of intimidating at first, but then just inspiring.
April Alumnae Gatherings for Admitted Students
See if there is an alumnae gathering for admitted students in your area in the coming weeks. If so, we invite you and your parents to join us. It's always fun to meet alumnae, in part because they're still as excited about Wellesley as the day they graduated!
Wellesley's Illustrious Alumnae—Just a Glimpse
The co-founder of Zipcar. A NASA Space Shuttle pilot and commander. Korea's first female ambassador. A former COO of Colgate-Palmolive. Two secretaries of state. Several Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists. The cofounder of City Year. The director of Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch. The executive director of Partners in Health. An Apple board member. And so on. There are thousands more doing less headline-y things; you will meet them; you will rely on them for guidance and sustenance and actual shelter. Here's the important part: they were once exactly where you are.
- Wellesley is a transformative force in the lives of women. Watch the video: "This Is the Place"
- Read about the powerful Wellesley College Alumnae Association.
- Browse through the most recent electronic issue of the Alumnae Magazine
- See Alumnae in the News 2015-16.
- See a sampling of Wellesley women leaders.
- Watch brief videos on The Wellesley Network - the most powerful women's network.
- See also recent Alumnae Achievement Award Recipients, as well as all recipients.
- Learn about the benefit of a Wellesley education by Hannah Galvin '01
- Hear the story behind the Pamela Daniels '59 Fellowship, which addresses "What would you love to do?"
An Extraordinary Network Ready to Help You
As a Wellesley graduate, you'll join an extraordinary network, a sisterhood for a lifetime. Our extensive network will help with career or graduate school exploration or searches. Many students find internships through alumnae, and young graduates often find their first job or apartment thanks to an alum. While the Wellesley student experience is fantastic, it is the supportive network of alumnae who make the all-nighters and 25-page papers all worth it in the end! Browse internships at the Career Education. Read about the College's introduction of the next generation of the Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn.
Stories from College and Beyond
In case you haven't seen The Invaluable Wellesley – what it's worth: stories from college and beyond. Alumnae answer questions including: What made you choose Wellesley? What was the most important resource you used? What advice would you give to someone who's looking at colleges right now?