First-year applicants must take the following tests and submit their scores to Wellesley College.
SAT Testing: Go to the College Board website. Wellesley's SAT school code #: 3957
ACT Testing: Go to the ACT website. Wellesley's ACT school code # 1926.
If English is not your native language and you have been studying in an English-based curriculum for less than five years, we strongly recommend that you take one of the following English proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Duolingo English Test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Cambridge Assessment English Qualifications (C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency, or C1 Business Higher accepted)
- GTEC CBT (Global Test of English Communication Computer Based Testing)
See FAQ for more about standardized testing.
Take ACT or SAT
- Wellesley requires first-year applicants to submit test results for the ACT or the SAT. (We do not require the optional ACT Writing or SAT Essay.)
- Applicants who want to self-report required standardized test scores (either the SAT or ACT) may do so through the Self-Reported Score Form within their Wellesley Applicant Portal.
- Applicants who want to self-report unrequired standardized test scores (SAT Subject Tests, AP scores, or IB exam results) to demonstrate particular academic strengths can do so through their application.
- Please note that required SAT or ACT scores will be verified for all enrolling students and discrepancies between self-reported scores and official scores may jeopardize a student’s place at Wellesley.
Financial hardship and testing requirements
When to take tests
We strongly recommend that Early Decision candidates take standardized tests (either SAT or ACT) no later than November of their senior year. However, it is recommended that you complete the tests before the end of your junior year. Regular Decision applicants should complete standardized tests no later than the December test date in their senior year.
Anticipated SAT test dates:
Test Date: June 2, 2018
Registration Deadline: May 3
Online Score Release: July 11
Test Date: August 25, 2018
Registration Deadline: July 27
Online Score Release: September 7
Test Date: October 6, 2018
Registration Deadline: September 7
Online Score Release: October 19
Test Date: November 3, 2018
Registration Deadline: October 5
Online Score Release: November 16
Test Date: December 1, 2018
Registration Deadline: November 2
Online Score Release: December 14
Test Date: March 9, 2019
Registration Deadline: February 8
Online Score Release: March 22
Test Date: May 4, 2019
Registration Deadline: April 5
Online Score Release: May 17
Test Date: June 2, 2019
Registration Deadline: May 3
Online Score Release: July 10
ACT Assessment Test Dates:
You must go to the ACT website and specify your location to find a test date and test center. Typically there are tests in October, December, February, April, and June.