QuestBridge Students: Introduction and application overview
Wellesley is proud to be a QuestBridge partner school. This nonprofit organization links bright, motivated, low-income students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nation’s best colleges.
If you are a QuestBridge student, we thank you for your interest in Wellesley and congratulate you on being recognized for your outstanding academic and personal accomplishments by the QuestBridge program. We know that the process of researching and applying to colleges is exciting but also challenging at times. We want you to know that we're here to provide answers to your questions and to assist you in your process. Above all, we want you to be successful! See this video to learn more about QuestBridge National College Match.
As one of the most diverse colleges in the United States, Wellesley is widely known for its role in promoting leadership models of women and commitment to academic excellence. Wellesley's beautiful campus and exceptional resources enable the College to attract the most talented students from communities across the country and around the world and top professors who are passionate about teaching.
The Wellesley website can help you explore the many different facets of the college. To learn about internship opportunities, visit Career Education. If you're interested in studying abroad, see the Office of International Studies. Curious about the variety of majors we offer? Check out our academic areas. Maybe you just want to know what our students think of Wellesley (and how they have fun!). The Wellesley 100, video playlist, and our student blogs give you a glimpse into the community here.
Intrigued? One of the best ways to get a feel for this exceptional educational community for women is by visiting our beautiful campus, located 12 miles from Boston. Learn more about visiting Wellesley. If you're unable to schedule a visit and would like to connect with a current Wellesley student or alumnae in your area, please feel free to contact Molly Morrrow, Assistant Director of Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 781.283.3291.
Apply for admission
For complete application requirements to apply via QuestBridge, please visit the Wellesley QuestBridge site.
If you are not selected to be a match with Wellesley College, and you fall in one of the categories below, you have additional options for applying to Wellesley. Please note it is free to apply to Wellesley. There is no application fee.
- If you are a College Match Finalist but were not matched with Wellesley
- If you are a QuestBridge Finalist and would like your application reviewed by Wellesley
- If you are a QuestBridge Non-Finalist and would like your application reviewed by Wellesley
If so, you are welcome to apply through one of our decision plans. Please submit the following:
- Your QuestBridge Application. Please note that you must request that QuestBridge forward your application to Wellesley College. See instructions for forwarding your application.
- The Wellesley QuestBridge Applicant Intent Form and Wellesley-specific writing supplement.
- Either the ACT with Writing Test or the SAT. (You must send official copies of your test scores and take tests by December of your senior year).
- Official copies of your high school transcripts. Please note that Wellesley requires all students to submit midyear or first and second trimester grades as well.
- Two academic teacher recommendations and one guidance counselor recommendation.
Apply for financial aid
- Mail or fax a copy of your parents’ federal income tax returns and W2s.
- Complete and electronically submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to the College Board. Wellesley’s school code is 3957.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, your noncustodial parent should complete the Noncustodial Parent Profile.
- Electronically submit the federal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is available on October 1 and Wellesley’s school code is 002224. The priority deadline for Match applicants is November 1. Non-match applicants should follow the priority deadline based on when they plan to apply for admission. See information about financial aid for QuestBridge Match Applicants.
See QuestBridge FAQ