Wellesley's unique first-year experience will transform you.
Your very first day as a student at Wellesley College will mark a milestone in your life. It's the start of a transition and adjustment process that will unfold over the course of the entire first year.
At Wellesley we are committed to helping each first-year student make—and mark—this transition from high school to college. This first year will be more than just a chance to "get used to" college life. It is a particular moment in your cognitive and personal development that, at its best, affords you both opportunities and pleasures that are unique to the first year. We hope that each first-year student will find time to pursue the following:
• Participate in and build an intellectual community
• Engage (joyfully) in the life of the mind
• Take time for thoughtful self-discovery and reflection
• Nurture your growing independence
• Explore the curriculum and take classes in new subjects
• Focus on right now and enjoying today for itself
• Take risks and challenge yourself!
|Three Areas of Support in Wellesley's First-Year Experience|
|Academic Options in your First Year||Focuses on exploration and skill development.|
|Academic Advising and Mentoring||Geared to the needs of first-year students.|
|Peer-to-Peer Advising and Mentoring|
|Shadow-Grading||Opens the door for greater intellectual engagement, curricular exploration, and self-reflection.|