WINTERSESSION 2015 IN EAST AFRICA
This exciting program to be based in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, and Zanzibar cities provides students with the unique opportunity to study and use Swahili language among the diverse culture of Swahili speakers in East Africa in order to improve their current language skills and intercultural competence.
Financial aid is available to eligible students and is awarded in proportion to aid received for study at Wellesley during the academic year. All students receive a grant of $1000 regardless of need. The next $1000 is awarded in the form of a subsidized loan. If this does not cover demonstrated need, any additional aid is awarded in the form of a grant.
Cancellation: Students who withdraw from the program after confirming their participation are liable for a cancellation fee of $200 or the sum of non-recoverable costs, whichever is greater. Financial aid does not apply.
- Attend Swahili classes
- Guest lectures
- Visit world class tourist destinations such as Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar.
- Home stays for cultural immersion
- Cultural mentorship
- Visit schools and historical sites like: Oldupai Gorge, Former slave market, Paje, etc.
- More Educational tours and excursions!
- Interact with the local communities
Click here for the application.