Marathon Monday Challenge FAQ
What is the Marathon Monday Challenge?
The Marathon Monday Challenge is an inspiring example of what the Wellesley community can accomplish together. On April 15, the date of this year's iconic Boston Marathon, members of the Wellesley community will come together to make a difference for Wellesley by contributing and earning challenge funds for the College. Throughout the day, leaderboards will show progress in real time, class challenges and matches will be offered, and incentives will enhance the fun.
What makes my contribution on April 15 special?
On April 15, your gift will do even more—thanks to a group of generous Wellesley supporters who have pledged to give $300,000 if 3,000 alumnae participate. By making a gift, you will help earn these challenge funds for the College.
How can I make sure my gift is counted toward the Marathon Monday Challenge goal?
On April 15 you can make your gift from anywhere in the world in one of three ways:
- Visit wellesley.edu/MarathonMonday and click the blue “Give Now” button
- Call us toll-free at 800.358.3543 and speak to a staff member
- Text the keyword MARATHON, your full name, and your class year to 50555 (a $10 gift will be added to your next mobile phone bill)
While we encourage giving on April 15, gifts mailed to the College that are intended for the challenge will also be included in the day's totals. Please mail your check, along with a note stating "Marathon Monday Challenge," to:
106 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02481
I live outside of the United States and am having trouble making my gift online.
The most common reason international donors see an error message when trying to make a gift online is that the credit card issuing country and the billing address don't match. The postal code field on our form validates based on the country the credit card was issued in. If your card was issued in the United States, do not select your billing address country. If you're still having trouble, please reach out to us at 800.358.3543 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, a bank transfer with automatic verification is available as a payment option on our giving form.
Does my gift count toward my reunion class totals?
Yes. All alumnae gifts made during the Marathon Monday Challenge will count towards reunion class totals.
Can I make my gift in memory of or in honor of someone?
Yes. The easiest way to do so is by making your gift over the phone. Please call The Wellesley Fund office at 800.358.3543. If you have already submitted your gift, send us an email to email@example.com and include your tribute gift intentions. A staff member will reach out to you to confirm.
What if I have already made my annual gift to Wellesley this year?
If you have already given this year, thank you for your gift! We encourage you to be a part of the challenge and support what you are passionate about at Wellesley. Only gifts made on April 15 count toward the 3,000 donor total that will unlock $300,000 in challenge funds. Your additional gift will inspire others to give as well.
Besides giving, how can I help make the Marathon Monday Challenge a success?
There are so many ways to show your Wellesley spirit during the challenge. Your voice will inspire others and help make the challenge a success. In fact, it's the best way to increase participation!
1. Sign up to become an Advocate and spread the word by sharing the campaign with your Wellesley friends, classmates, and networks.
- Step 1: Click "sign up" in the top right corner of the screen or from the advocates tab.
- Step 2: Once logged in to GiveCampus, you can use the social share buttons that appear below the video and/or on the advocates tab. Share your unique link via social media, email, and/or text. Every share, click, and gift generated from your unique link automatically tracks your influence as an advocate.
2. Create a plea video (accessed on the advocates tab) to tell your Wellesley classmates and friends about this challenge.
3. Set up a matching donation or challenge gift. Matches and Challenges differ in that a Match will match dollars/donors as they come in, while Challenges unlock ONLY IF a certain threshold is reached. Matches can be restricted to specific groups (e.g. your class year, a specific designation, or a list of your friends).
4. Share, share, share! Post to your social media accounts with #WellesleyGives, share why you're giving back and what Wellesley means to you. Link to wellesley.edu/MarathonMonday.
Contact: The Wellesley Fund | Green Hall, Room 143 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.358.3543