Your gift makes a world of difference for Wellesley—and offers benefits for you too.
Wellesley depends on the generosity of our alumnae and friends. Over the years, they have contributed to an endowment that is valued at more than $1 billion. The endowment provides approximately one-third of the general budget each year. The rest of our income comes from tuition and fees, grants, and gifts. Your gift allows us to keep tuition costs competitive and financial aid packages strong—to hire the best faculty, attract the brightest students, preserve our beautiful campus, and more.
From student internships and faculty research, to living and learning facilities—donors like you help make it all possible. Above all, your gift supports the enduring vision, leadership, and potential of Wellesley women.
“Giving back to Wellesley is one clear, strong way for me to reach out to the next generation of women who will make a difference in the world." —Alecia DeCoudreaux '76
The gift will return to you.
Your gift to Wellesley offers benefits for you too, including tax breaks, retirement security, and donor recognition—plus the personal satisfaction of investing in a world-class institution for women.
Here are some of the potential benefits for you and your family:
- Receive an income tax deduction when you make a gift to Wellesley.
- Donate appreciated securities or real estate to receive a charitable tax deduction based on fair market value, and reduce or eliminate your capital gains tax.
- Make a bequest in your will to receive an estate tax break—and retain full use of assets during your lifetime.
- Secure a fixed income for life and avoid market risks: create a charitable gift annuity or remainder trust to provide tax relief and increased future income.
- Reduce the taxes passed on to your family by establishing a charitable lead trust that will pay income to Wellesley for a number of years.