Chandler Pool is one of the finest swimming and diving facilities in New England, with an eight-lane competition pool and a one- and three-meter diving well. Home to the Wellesley varsity swimming and diving team, Chandler Pool also hosts a range of swimming programs for the local community, is the practice site for the Wellesley College Water Polo Club, and is open to students, faculty, and staff during recreational swim hours.
The Keohane Sports Center and Chandler Pool are closed for the summer. Please contact Marni Friedman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Director for Facilities & Operations, with any questions. KSC and athletic facilities are not currently available to Wellesley College students, faculty, staff, or union employees, nor to memberships (alumni, professor emeriti, family, children) or outside rental groups.
Pool Use Protocols, 2020-21
- Users with R & R reservations will enter the KSC thru the Main Doors and check-in at the Front Desk.
- All users must arrive with SWIMSUIT ON and ONE personal bag of belongings that will stay with them and be kept in assigned spaces on the pool deck.
- Once reservation is confirmed with Front Desk Staff, users will access the pool thru the open Main Pool door, turn right and walk to the end of the hallway.
- Once on the pool deck, lifeguards will assist with locating assigned pool lane as well as storage of personal items.
- Users will then shower on deck and be cleared to enter the pool and begin their workout.
- Once at assigned lane, masks may be taken off.
- At the conclusion of their swim, users put mask back on, dry off, put clothes back on, then exit the building using the exit doors by the Coaches Offices.
- There will be no location to change before or after swimming.
- There will be no pool equipment available for use (kickboards, fins, noodles, etc)