The climbing wall will be open for open recreational climbing Terms 2 & 3.
Wednesdays, October 16th - December 4th from 12:30 – 2:30pm
Fridays, October 25th - December 6th from 4:15 – 6:15ppm
The Climbing Wall will be closed for Thanksgiving Break Friday, November 29th
- NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- All equipment provided (limited shoes so please bring your sneakers)
- You must be a member of the KSC to use the Climbing Wall.
- As a member you can bring up to 2 guests for $5 each. All guests must pay at the KSC Front Desk.
- Alumnae can use the climbing wall during special events for free or $5 fee during open hours. All guests must pay at the KSC Front Desk.
- Every climber must sign a waiver specific to the climbing wall.
- You must be 8 to use the climbing wall and 14 to take the belay class.
- In order to belay climbers must be trained through the Recreation or Physical Education Program.
- In order to belay, trained belayers must be on record with the Recreation program.
- Never place fingers, hands, or feet on the metal bolt hangers.
- Open toed shoes are not allowed. Climbing shoes or sneakers must be worn.
- No chewing gum or food of any type in the climbing area.
- No loose chalk.
- Climbing commands must be used at all times.
- Personal harness and shoes can be used at your own risk. Helmets are required under the age of 18 and strongly recommended for all climbers.
- Climbers may only belay with a tubular belay or GriGri.
- Staff has the right to enforce additional rules.
- Anyone using the Wellesley College Climbing Wall must go through an orientation.
- Orientations sessions are available during scheduled times or as staffing permits during recreational hours.
- Anyone wanting to belay must successfully pass the belay test and be on file with the Recreation program.
- Belay instruction is available during scheduled times or as staffing permits during recreational hours.