2019- 20 Application Deadlines
Late applications will NOT be considered. There are no exceptions. Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on the respective due date.
Round 1: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Round 2: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Round 3: Thursday, February 6, 2020
Round 4: Thursday, March 12, 2020
Round 5: April 16, 2020 (For Fall 2020 events)
Please allow 10-14 days from the application deadline to recieve a response from the committee.
If your computer is left idle the application may time out. Please be sure to save your application if you anticipate leaving your computer idle.
Once an application has been successfully submitted, the applicant will recieve an automated confirmation email. Please reach out to CLCE@wellesley.edu if you did not recieve confirmation.
- Consultation (Faculty/Staff): It is mandatory to consult (via email) with a Member of the CLCE at least one week prior to the application deadline.
- Consultation (Students): Students must consult with the Student Services Representative (Jessica Grady, Director of Student Involvement & Leadership) at least one week prior to the application deadline. Consultation must occur prior to negotiating a contract with the speaker/performer.
- Co-Sponsorship: All events must apply for co-sponsorship from other departments, committees, or student groups. CLCE looks for proposals with significant financial support and/or significant programming assistance from other constituencies. CLCE is the funder of last resort. Students are encouraged to seek funds from other student groups and to approach academic departments only in the case of events connected with the work of that department.
- Event purpose/goals: Each event must have a title that clearly identifies the event purpose. The application must describe the estimated audience size, event goals, the focus of the event, featured speaker/performer, and ways in which the event will benefit the Wellesley College community.
- Honorarium: must not exceed $1,500. Honoraria will not be awarded to Wellesley Faculty.
- No Admission fee: or cover fee may be charged to Wellesley College students, faculty or staff for events funded through the CLCE. Admission fee or cover fee may be charged to off-campus persons only to offset costs of the event. Any profit made or unused funds must be returned to the CLCE
- Scheduling: Reference the Scheduling FAQ on the Event's Office website
- Be sure to review the Key Dates & Community Calendar. Events should be scheduled to avoid conflict with already scheduled events and religious holidays. The end of semesters, particularly the spring semester, tend to become heavily scheduled. We urge those proposing events to seek dates in the earlier part of the semester whenever possible.
- For further assistance, contact the appropriate scheduling office (listed on Scheduling FAQ site) to review potential dates for conflict
- Event locations must be scheduled on-line at 25Live. Except in unusual circumstances, events must be scheduled outside of regular class hours and should take place on the Wellesley College Campus.
- Budget: The proposed budget should be as specific as possible. When preparing your budget, consider the following list (in addition to other costs):
- Honorarium ($1,500 max; cannot be Wellesley faculty)
- Transportation (to and from the College), airfare and/or taxi
- Lodging and meals for lecturer/performer
- Dinner off campus and/or reception for guests of event within reason and students must be included.
- Publicity expenses
- Custodial services, sound systems, and media service
- Other costs specific to the event type - Budget Clarity
- Food budget (within reason). Please provide the following details:
- Name of vendor(s)
- Attach invoice/price quote from vendor(s)
- Cost per person
- Sustainability: We strongly encourage applicants to reference the Office of Sustainability's Zero Waste Guidelines. In 2020-21, the committee will likely have a requirement for applicants to adhere to best practices compiled by the Office of Sustainability.
10. Event Wrap Up Report: must be submitted to email@example.com at the conclusion of your event.
- Proposals for events that have already occurred will not be funded. Also, once the CLCE has approved an application, the Committee will not consider any requests for additional funds for the same event. You may only apply once for each event.
CLCE does not fund:
- Events for members only and/or not open to the entire College Community
- Honoraria to current Wellesley Faculty
- Items described as “Miscellaneous”
CLCE Decision Criteria:
I. Successful applications:
- Will enhance and educate the Wellesley College community
- Include all application materials
- Have been submitted by the published deadline
- Clearly state event title
- Explain significance of event for the community
- Explain items listed in budget proposal
- When necessary, contracts have been reviewed by appropriate CLCE members
II. Amount of funding requested can be reduced under the following circumstances:
- Budget details are not carefully constructed.
- CLCE has limited funding and is not able to match the entire request.
- Application lacks significant co-sponsorship.
III. Applications can be rejected without a chance of re-submission under the following circumstances:
- The proposed event does not appear to educate and/or enrich the Wellesley College community and therefore will not satisfy the mission of the CLCE.
- Funding is being asked for an event that has already occurred.
- An Honor Code violation occurred in the submission of the proposal (e.g., falsification of relevant event information, plagiarism, etc.).