Accounts Payable Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I sent in five requests for payments or invoices on the same day, why were they not processed at the same time?
Requests for payments are reviewed and processed based upon payment due dates which will vary with each request. Delays may be caused by the need for additional or corrected information for certain requests.
Q: Why is address a required field on the check request?
Multiple addresses are stored in the Workday system. We need to have the address so that the payment is sent to the correct place.
Q: Why is a New Vendor form required for every new vendor?
The IRS Rules require that we file a Form 1099-Misc Statement for some recipients of miscellaneous income. The New Vendor form helps us determine if a 1099-Misc from needs to be sent to the vendor at year end.
Q: How long does it take to process a check request?
During peak periods it can take up to 7 to 10 business days to process the request.
Q: How do I get a rush check?
Please call Dotti Koulalis to request a rush check. If the request is for a new supplier we must have the New Vendor form before we cut the check. This could add a day to the process. Please see Rush Check policy for more details.
Q: How do I get reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses?
 For all reimbursements, submit a Supplier Registration Form. Create an Expense Report in Workday. The Expense Report must have original receipts, a complete Cost Center (with additional worktags), and an authorized signature.
Q: Why is it necessary to submit original receipts?
Original receipts are necessary to avoid double payment.
Q: Is a New Vendor form needed for every entity that is not on the system?
Even when we are paying the vendor only one time, it is necessary to have their documentation in our vendor file. When the College Pro-Card is used a new vendor form is NOT needed.
Q: How do I know if a vendor is on the system?
The BANNER form you want to check is FAIVNDH. Search in the vendor ID for the entity. Remember businesses use the entire name in the space for the last name. Individuals are searched with last, first and middle names. The Budget Office Web page has instruction on how to search a vendor.
Q: How do I get reimbursed for Conferences I attended and paid admission?
Create a Expense Report via Workday filling in all the necessary information. Attach original receipts and complete the Cost Center (and additional worktags) to be charged and approved by an authorized signer.
Q: How do I get reimbursed for Airline tickets I've purchased?
If you want to be reimbursed for airfare before the trip you will need to complete the Spend Authorization, attach original receipts, complete the Cost Center (and additional worktags) to be charged and approved by an authorized signer. You will also need to sign the form indicating that you will complete and submit a Travel Expense form within 60 Days of the completed trip.
Q: How do I handle Vendor Credits?
Credit memos are processed by Accounts Payable. All you need to do is put your Cost Center (and additional worktags) on the credit memo and submit it to Accounts Payable for processing.