- CWS (Old)
- Health Professions
- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Center for Work & Service (CWS)
Job Search Strategies
An effective job search requires you to take initiative.
Strategize. Identify the industry and organization in which you would like to work and the position you would likely excel in.
There are a number of ways to identify prospective employers, including:
- Networking! Statistics show that >70% of jobs are found through networking.
- CWS Recruiting Program: Take advantage of our employment recruiting program in which over 80 companies participate. On-campus recruiting can produce excellent job opportunities; however, recruiters represent only a tiny segment of the job market. It is wise to conduct an independent job search concurrently with your participation in the recruiting program.
- Career Fairs, including The Fair at Wellesley College in February.
- Help Wanted Advertisements: Only 15-25% of jobs are obtained through replying to help wanted ads.
- Directly contacting an employer
The following links provide more detailed information and guidance on job search strategies:
- Directly Contacting an Employer
- Re-Entering the Workplace After Time Away
- Job Searching After 50