- CWS (Old)
- Health Professions
- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Center for Work & Service (CWS)
The Center for Work and Service can provide transportation assistance for the express purpose of transporting current Wellesley students to
approved service sites.
Requirements for Service Transportation:
Service transportation sponsored by the CWS can ONLY be used for a volunteer opportunity that meets the following criteria:
- working with a nonprofit organization or
- community partner organization and
- with a specific project addressing social and/or economic need
Service transportation CANNOT be used for:
- more than 12 hours at a time
- a service site more than 40 miles from campus
- travel to employment, an internship or a job shadowing opportunity
In addition to the criteria listed above, all service transportation must be pre-approved. Requests must be submitted to the CWS for approval a minimum of two weeks PRIOR to the project date. Service transportation can only be used when classes are in session and is NOT available over school breaks. Service vehicles are available on a first-come, first serve basis and are allocated at the discretion of the CWS.
How to Request Service Transportation:
- Make sure your request meets the requirements listed above.
- Determine the exact dates and times of your community service project.
- If more than one student will be volunteering, designate a transportation coordinator to submit a single request.
- The transportation coordinator is required to fill out the Service Transportation Request Form.
- Once the Service Transportation Request Form is submitted, the CWS will send an email approving or denying the request for transportation.
For Approved Service Transportation Requests ONLY:
All CWS Service Transportation Drivers must be 18 years or older and have a valid U.S. Driver's License and complete the driver approval process outlined below.
- If you have received approval from the CWS for your Service Transportation Request, the CWS will work with you to determine the most effective way for volunteers to get to and from service. Possible transportation methods include CWS Service Vans, ZipCar, Commuter Rail, and MBTA.
- All drivers must fill out Driver Approval Form. Please make sure to read the Driver Contract and Dislaimer at the bottom of the form carefully.
- If you have received zipcar approval, please fill out ZIPCAR Application in addition to the form above. Do not fill out the ZipCar Application before receiving approval, unless directed otherwise by a staff member. [Note: If you already have a personal account, you will still need to submit the ZIPCAR Application to join the CWS account.]
- Online Training will be required for ALL those requesting driver approval (ZipCar AND Van). The certificate is required to be on file BEFORE the driver will be able to reserve a vehicle.
Please read Driver Online Training Instructions. Please contact your group's Transportation Coordinator with any questions.