This describes the process of migrating academic department websites, but administrative departments will be very similar.
- Invitation to migrate is sent to Department Chairs.
- Department liaison is identified who will work with LTS.
- Review current material with liaison, share guidelines from Public Affairs on what to consider when creating or revising a site.
- For content on Charlotte, identify what will move into Drupal and what should be deleted or archived.
- LTS will copy content from Charlotte (or Bluenog) into Drupal. (This is one step, but it's a big one!)
- LTS will contact Public Affairs and the department liaison to review the website.
- With department's approval, LTS will make the website public and redirect traffic to the new site.
- Archived content from Charlotte will be sent to the department, and the old site will be deleted.
- At any point during this process, LTS will train the department liaison, other department members, or students to edit and maintain the website.