Chi Che Wang (1894 - 1979), born in Suzhou, China, was a biochemist and teacher who was known for her major civic participation in Chicago. Chi Che graduated from Wellesley College in 1914 and received a Master’s degree in chemistry and a Doctorate from the University of Chicago in 1916 and 1918, respectively. In Chicago, Chi Che was the starting members of the Chicago Chinese Women’s Club and taught at her alma mater the University of Chicago for several years before she became the department head of medical research for Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Her outstanding and prominent work was widely recognized and, in 1922, she was elected as a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. From 1931 to 1940, Chi Che researched children’s metabolism in Cincinnati, and eventually returned to work for the Northwestern Yeast Company as a chemist. In 1943, she became an assistant professor of physiology at the Northwestern University Medical School where she researched the Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago on nephrosis in children. Chi Che left Chicago a few years later and worked for the Mayo Clinic and eventually returned to Illinois in 1954 where she worked at the Hines Veterans Administration Hospital and took part in the Woman’s World’s Fair in Chicago by providing clinical laboratory demonstrations as well as participated in many civil efforts. The Chi Che Wang Playlot Park on Wolfram Street, Chicago, was named after Chi Che to honor and commemorate her groundbreaking works in science and contributions to society.